According to Dietitians Association of Australia, “Malnutrition is a major public health issue in Australia. Known as the silent epidemic, malnutrition is estimated to affect 35-43% of patients in Australian hospitals.“
Malnutrition is the most common reason for some health issues we encounter in our daily lives, problems that may lead to a low quality of life. But there are many treatments to malnutrition, with proper and healthier food selection intake such as protein, low carb, less sugar diet combined with vegetables and fruits and daily exercise, we can stop the root cause of malnutrition.
With the quality of food available in the market, how can we assure that the vegetables, fruits and herbs we purchase are organic and free from any forms of toxin from insecticides and other chemical induced fertilisers? To ensure a high-quality selection of edibles, why not make your very own home garden?
There are many beneficial aspects of having your garden;
– Easy access to vegetables and herbs since its location is just in your yard. It saves your time and energy of having to go to a grocery store.
– Cost-efficient, it needs minimal maintenance, and you will only be needing to spend for the soil bed, organic compost, plant seeds and other gardening tools.
– The assurance of safe edibles.
– Gardening can be useful for your health:
- It helps increase air quality
- Encourage exercise
- It reduces the risk of illness
- It helps lessen stress
- And it is good for nature and the environment.
“Do it yourself” method is the easy way for you to begin with your gardening. Always start small and then expand your garden in an eventual manner.
The importance of soil bed. You feed the soil; you also supply the plant. So, what you put in the soil is going into your plants and eventually going into your body for consumption. Thus, only choose the best nutriment for the soil. Organic compost is ideal for vegetable and herb gardening. You can make your compost with the use of other plant waste such as grass clippings, rotten and dried leaves. You can also incorporate animal manure in the compost; since nitrogen is a good source of nutrients for plants. Also, make sure that water supply is accessible and your garden must have sufficient sunlight.
If you feel like a home garden is for you visit us at http://landscape-supply.com.au/ for landscaping and gardening supplies.